Monday, March 1, 2010

Maybe I am a bad Driver

So roughly last year I asked the question of whether or not I am a bad driver. This morning I finally received my answer.... and here's the story

Mondays are not typically my favorite day of the week and early mornings are not typically my favorite time of day. Needless to say, early Monday mornings are just about the worst part of the week for someone like me. This morning was especially awesome, because I had to be at the hospital for work very, very early. (ok, 7:15 AM, which really isn't that early, but I'm the one telling the story here) I managed to roll out of bed, shower, and get dressed by 7 - which would have been fine if the hospital weren't a 25 minute drive away. Luckily early morning traffic isn't too bad along my route. Unluckily, I still live in Utah, in the winter. When I went out to my car (late and still half-asleep) my windshield was still frosted over.

I gave a half-hearted attempt at scraping some spots clear to see through, cranked the defrost up to maximum and hit the road. By the time I got to State St it was apparent, even through my sleep-induced haze, that I couldn't actually see the road. I was navigating by the glare of the red light through the frost. Not willing to be later than I actually was, and not willing to actually get out and scrape the windshield I did the only reasonable thing to do in that situation. I rolled down the passenger window, stuck my head out, and got on the freeway.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm a bad driver.

(and I made it on time!)

4 comments:

elise said...

wow... what else is there to say?

"The Landlord" said...

you're a nut! I remember doing something that stupid... in HIGH SCHOOL! HAHA just glad you didn't crash or hit anyone/thing! Oh, and please make sure to notify me next time you're driving down this way! ;)

Melissa E Photography said...

haha.

I believe this is when you say, "Hi my name is Jacob, and I am a stupid Utah driver."

I'm not going to say I haven't done it before. (I have). But then again, I don't have a blog dedicated to stupid Utah drivers now, do I?

How did that humble pie taste?

politicchic6 said...

I must admit, that before having a garrage, the scenario you describe happened possibly up to three times...